[pmwiki-users] Error while editing EditForm

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Sep 3 13:53:31 CDT 2012

Carlos AB writes:
> I have found an error while trying to visualize changes made to EditForm:
>
> ERROR: pat=/^\(:e_preview:\)/e Undefined index: $PreviewText
> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> (output started at xxxxxx/pmwiki.php:1612) in xxxxxx/pmwiki.php on
> line 1176

Yes, this is a known thing, the {$PreviewText} variable contains the
rendered wikitext, but on that specific page EditForm, the wikitext contains
{$PreviewText}, it is a catch-22, a circular self-reference.

(actually, it contains (:e_preview:) which is evaluated to $PreviewText,
but that's sensibly the same).

For the next version I'll suppress the warning, but there is still some
weird "" output and I still haven't found where it comes from.

Anyways, this page shouldn't be edited and previewed very often, you can
just ignore the warning and go on with your work. :-)

Petko