[pmwiki-users] Page variables in monospaced text

Allister Jenks zkarj at me.com
Wed Sep 26 17:22:39 CDT 2012

OK, I have read and understood this recipe - nicely done!

I've implemented it and set [@ @] to process {$var} and it does exactly what I expect. I did notice that if I nest variables {{$FullName}$:myvar} it doesn't do anything with the expression, but that shouldn't matter for my case. The only reason I discovered that is due to a general Page Text Variables problem.

On the documentation page there are several examples that seem to behave differently...

(:Country: Transylvania :)
"{$:Country}"

"Transylvania "

Note the trailing space produced inside the quotes. Yet...

(:Lake:Taupo:)
->"{{$FullName}$:Lake}"

"Taupo"

No trailing space!

I tried on my installation and whether I specify {$FullName} or not, I get the trailing space and I don't want it.

My usage is this:

(:rel:423:)
||[@RL{$:rel}OCF@]||to contain the control files||

Which should give (in a table)

RL423OCF   to contain the control files

But instead I get

RL423 OCF   to contain the control files

That was inside the [@ @] markup but a quick test inside quotes in normal text shows the trailing space is always there.

Can this be fixed?

On 26 Sep, 2012,at 05:43 AM, Peter Bowers <pbowers at pobox.com> wrote:

On Sep 25, 2012 8:17 AM, "Peter Bowers" <pbowers at pobox.com> wrote:
> I may or may not get get around to documenting this as a new recipe.
> If you feel like doing it yourself, feel free...
I went ahead & packaged it up:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EscapedMarkup
Enjoy!
-Peter