[pmwiki-users] What characters are allowed in AuthUser usernames and groupnames?

5ko at 5ko.fr 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Aug 13 07:09:43 CDT 2013

ccox at endlessnow.com writes:
> Like the subject says... if I'm converting groups out of Active Directory,
> many have spaces.... do I have to translate the space to dash or
> something??

The following is about usernames and groupnames written in the
SiteAdmin.AuthUser page.

A username starts with a letter a-z, digit 0-9 or underscore _ and must not
contain spaces or the colon : character.

A groupname starts with @ and must not contain spaces or the colon :
character.

If a line doesn't match the format PmWiki expects, it is simply ignored.

> Also, I'm guessing that these are case sensitive too??

Yes, they are.

If it is at all possible, you'll have no trouble if your usernames and
groupnames are as simple as possible, with letters A-Z, digits 0-9 and the
dash - character, like what is allowed for wiki pages in the Profiles/ group.

Petko