[pmwiki-users] GoDaddy Issues with pmWiki and password protected pages.

Jim Medlen j.medlen at comcast.net
Wed Aug 14 21:19:11 CDT 2013

I am having a similar problem with PmWiki on my GoDaddy web site.

Recently when trying to edit a password protected page I see the password
dialog after clicking Edit but when I enter the password and click OK the
page never loads and I get an error message from the browser that says

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that
Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I went through all of the PHP pages on my site and removed a line of code
that appeared to be a hack or malware that used base 64 encode from several of
the pages, but I still can't edit any of my password protected pages unless I use
a text editor to remove the password information outside of the wiki site.

Is there a fix for this issue?  How can I debug the pages to see where the error is occurring.

I have uninstalled and re-installed PmWiki, but the problem persists.

I have changed from PHP 5.3 to 5.3 and back and dont know what to try next.

PmWiki has worked fine for the past 4 or 5 years until just this past month when
I started receiving forms submitted from the website with junk in the form.

Thanks,

Jim Medlen

j.medlen at comcast.net
Cell (765) 437-6958