[pmwiki-users] pdf/jpg/gif rendering

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Aug 18 15:33:57 CDT 2013

Vinod Gupta writes:
> I meant site1 is invoking Acroreader to interpret PDF and site2 is
> displaying PDF code. Same thing happening for jpg. gif etc. I think pmwiki
> is not sending MIME type correctly for site2.

PmWiki only sends MIME type for files if direct download is voluntarily
disabled (with $EnableDirectDownload = 0; in config.php, see
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadVariables#EnableDirectDownload ).

If you don't have this disabled, it is very probable that there is a
misconfiguration of the server software you use. It might also be a problem
with your browser or proxy, but as on other sites you see the pictures
correctly, this would be less probable.

How you can fix it, it depends on your server configuration: read the
documentation and compare the differences with your other server where it
works.

Petko