[pmwiki-users] ssl and logging in with ldap

Maria McKinley mariak at mariakathryn.net
Wed Feb 20 13:51:27 CST 2013

After much headache, I've managed to get apache to switch from http to ssl
when we try to edit a page. I am using the last suggestion by jtankers from
the http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SwitchToSSLMode web page. The
headache was mostly from apache configs and htaccess.

If I set config.php so that I am using a crypt password for edit, then I
can log in with no problem, but when I switch to using ldap, it does not
work. Before I started using the recipe to switch to ssl for logging in,
ldap worked fine. Now when I try to log in using ldap, I get Name/password
not recognized.

Any idea why switching to ssl would stop ldap, but not default pmwiki login
from working?

thanks,
Maria