[pmwiki-users] fox permissions problem after upgrade

Hans Bracker design at softflow.co.uk
Thu Jan 17 04:17:53 CST 2013

Hello Petko,

> Since 2.2.14, undefined {$$variables} in pagelsts and in included pages are
> removed. I'm not sure how Fox gets these variables, but you can revert
> PmWiki to the previous way by adding to config.php this line:

>   $EnableUndefinedTemplateVars = 1; # keep and display unset {$$variables}

> If this *was* the cause of the problem, please document it on the recipe
> page.

yes, it was the problem. I did adapt Fox to this change by adding a
special markup to load a fox form from another page, rather than using
(:include <source>:) to use (:foxform <source>:)

But first when upgrading PmWiki some Fox forms may stop working,
and I forgot this particular problem. When people ask for help
the fact that a Fox form is included via (:include ...:) is often
omitted.

Rather than setting  $EnableUndefinedTemplateVars = 1;
I encourage to use (:foxform <source>:)
http://softflow.co.uk/design/FoxDocumentation/FoxMarkup#foxform

Best regards,
 Hans