[pmwiki-users] Anchors: No link title / tooltip?

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Sun Jan 27 03:35:47 CST 2013

Petko Yotov wrote:

>> is it true that anchor links can't have a link title resulting in a
>> tooltip?
>
>Links like [[Page#anchor"tooltip title"|text]] can have tooltip titles.
>Even [[{$Name}#anchor"tooltip title"|text]] for the current page.

this would leave form editing.

I wanted to link to help texts for fields in a large form, and show a
short version of the help with a link title tooltip.

As long as I stay on the side, the form stays filled.

>Links like [[#anchor|text]] cannot.
>
>> If yes: Is there a reason?
>
>Probably not. The LinkPage function has a shortcut which deals with anchor
>links to the same page. This should probably be changed to also accept a
>tooltip title.

I reformatted the form to show the relevant information permanently,
so I have no urgent need. It's now better than my original idea with
the tooltips.

But if there is no reason against it, and if it's not too much work, I
think it would be nice to have also anchor links to the current page
behaving like other links.

Thanks for your permanent effort to improve PmWiki, Petko!

Oliver
--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen (oliverbetz.de)