[pmwiki-users] minimal text file to create pmwiki page

Tamara Temple tamouse.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 15:54:56 CDT 2013

Mark Lee <mark.lee.phd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Tamara. The following does just what I am looking for.

Quite welcome, I'm sure.

> I also realized that the symbol % needs to be replaced by the hex code %25.
> I am well on my way to mapping my page content to pmwiki pages. Here is an example page that I
> just put together using a text editor.

Again, the import recipe I described earlier is ace if you have a lot of
pages to convert at once. Generate the plain text files locally, ftp
them up to an import directory, then run the import script and done. No
need to worry about converting newlines to %0a, percent to %25, and less
than (<) to %3c.

> http://ediblelandscape.org/pmwiki.php?n=Plants.Plant167

*VERY* nicely designed site!

> In that example, a cell in my spreadsheet contained the species name "Rosa woodsii". I have a
> script written in VBA (Excel spreadsheet) that writes this to a text file
> %0a(:Species: Rosa woodsii:)%0a
> Each row in my spreadsheet contains the content for each page. Each cell is assigned to a
> PageTextVariable, and each of these goes to the location on the page I previously defined in the
> page template for the skin. With a click of a button, I can generate all the pages for my site,
> and with a few more clicks the pages are uploaded to my site via ftp. A simple Content
> Management System using a spreadsheet and FileZilla. I really like PMWiki, but I like the
> ability to backup the content of the site in form that is independent of PMWiki and is portable
> between different platforms.

Do not disagree with any of that, it's just a unique (to me) way of
using PmWiki as a publishing system. Perfectly valid, wonderful use of
PmWiki!