[pmwiki-users] minimal text file to create pmwiki page

Tamara Temple tamouse.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 19:27:35 CDT 2013

Mark Lee <mark.lee.phd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tamara,
> I am new to pmwiki. I would like to share my notes on this technique. I
> however don't want to submit any scripts that I need to debug and maintain.
> How do I go about submitting my notes as-is? Is this a recipe, as you said?
> -Mark

The very coolest thing about open-source software and collaborative work
like PmWiki is that anyone can jump in and offer something. You can't do
anything truly egregious except delete or claim someone else's work. But
sharing is the name of the game; it's why we're here, it's why we're
using PmWiki.

Recipes are mainly add-ons to PmWiki; your contribution here, I think,
wouldn't be /strictly/ a Recipe, but it is /useful/ information others
may want to read about. So I'd say it befits an inclusion.

For this, you can make a zip file containing the components (Excel
spreadsheet with macro and VBScript file, I think?)

Now think of an interesting and descriptive WikiName for your
submission. What would *you* have looked for before you started down
this road?

Then go to http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/CookBook/<YourChosenWikiName>

You'll see a question about whether to create this page. Clikck on that
link and you'll get the usual editor page with a handy dandy template
already there for you, from there you should be familiar with the pmwiki
editing cycle.

Attach your zip file, named YourChosenWikiName-files.zip or some such
thing; it's important to keep the namespace pollution low so someone
doesn't accidently overwrite your file.

Leave us a note here when you've finished it.

I don't believe there is necessarily any obligation to support things
you've entered, although it is the norm. Indicate the level of support
in the recipe header, with perhaps some warning text.

Some one of us or another will probably pop over and fix anything we see
to make it conformant if it's not.