[pmwiki-users] Help :How to hide command buttons from normal viewers, but not from administrators ?

michael paulukonis xraysmalevich at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 08:12:58 CDT 2013

What you are looking for is to have the actions available via shortcut
keys, but NOT make the links visible when not authorized, correct?
As once the edit-action is undertaken, the user will be prompted for
authorization.

What I do is something like the following:

(:if auth edit:)
* %item rel=nofollow class=rename
accesskey='$[ak_edit]'%[[{*$FullName}?action=edit|$[edit]]]
(:if ! auth edit:)
%item rel=nofollow class=rename
accesskey='$[ak_edit]'%[[{*$FullName}?action=edit|]]

If it's unclear, at the end of the "! auth eidt" link -- there's no text.
so nothing appears, but the access-key is still present.
There's no visibility to toggle it on, however.

-Michael Paulukonis
http://www.xradiograph.com
<http://goog_2112721603>Interference Patterns (a
blog)<http://www.xradiograph.com%5Cinterference>