[pmwiki-users] Heading level markup seems incorrect

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Jun 27 02:39:03 CDT 2013

> http://www.smontanaro.net/cr/pmwiki.php?n=Main.BikeShops
>
> The headings descend geographically, for example:
>
> !! USA
>
> !!! California
>
> !!!! San Francisco
>
> etc
>
> The problem is that the city displays more prominently than the
> state. They display in the same font and size, but the city
> is bold.  Is this something I can correct in a config file,
> or am I a slave to the fonts installed on my computer, and
> other people will see headings displayed in a more obviously
> hierarchical manner?

The heading display is under the control of pub/skins/pmwiki/pmwiki.css
and in particular the following settings (from that file):

/* These primarily adjust the size and spacing of heading elements,
** most browsers have atrocious defaults for these. */
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 { margin-top:1.0em; margin-bottom:0.6em; }
h1, h2, h3, h6 { font-weight:normal; }
h4, h5 { font-weight:bold; }
h1 code, h2 code, h3 code, h4 code { font-size:1em; }
h1 { font-size:1.8em; }
h2 { font-size:1.44em; }
h3 { font-size:1.22em; }
h4 { font-size:1.07em; }
h5 { font-size:1.0em; }
h6 { font-size:1.0em; }

So h1, h2, h3, and h6 are normal weight, whereas h4 and h5 are bold
weight. You can edit these settings to produce the effect you prefer.

JR
--
John Rankin