[pmwiki-users] No <p> between tables with $HTMLVSpace = '';

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Wed May 22 05:58:02 CDT 2013

Lars Eignner wrote:

[...]

>What you really want, I think, is extra space between tables.  Do that by
>styling extra bottom margin for the first table and extra top margin for the
>second table.  Examples of how to add styles to tables are given in

My solution is now a general rule in CSS:

table + table { margin-top: 1em; }

That's similar to PmWiki vspace handling.

As far as I see, it's not too difficult to get good results with CSS
these days.

Another example is the margin above lists. PmWiki makes the vertical
distance small, and I think that's good.

With "p+ul {margin-top: -0.4em;}" I can get the desired result with
CSS.

Oliver