[pmwiki-users] YetAnotherGallery - how to use

Alan Taylor engineeral at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 18:47:45 CST 2013

I have made progress with the problem noted below and I thought I
would report it so anyone else with the same issue might get some
sucess.  I have not had complete success but I have a working site.

The problem in my case is in constructing the variable $theurl on line
347 of the YAG PHP file using the MakeLink function. The MakeLink
function was changed in Pmwiki in November 2011 and I think perhaps
YAG was not adjusted after that date. The line reads:
$theurl = MakeLink($pagename,
str_replace($YetAnotherGallery->URLcharacters,
$YetAnotherGallery->URLcodes, $imageURL),"","","\$LinkUrl");

The actual location of my pictures are
as:"/home/alantaylorbaseaccount/www/wiki/pub/Camp/IMAG0150.jpg" and I
think &theurl should read similar to "http://<<internet ip
address>>/wiki/pub/Camp/IMAG0150.jpg" The results of the MakeLink
function as used in YAG as it is today is an empty (zero length)
string.

My work-around is to comment out the MakeLink line and use instead:
$theurl = 'http://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
$alans3 = preg_split('/www/',$theurl,-1,PREG_SPLIT_OFFSET_CAPTURE);
#arbitrary variable name
$theurl = $theurl.$alans3[1][0];
which works for my little site today but I think is not as general as
the version using MakeLink is supposed to be.  I expect my work-around
only works for pictures kept locally, while YAG says it will do
pictures stored elsewhere too.

Can someone show me how the MakeLink construction is supposed to work?
 I tried looking at the docs but I couldn't figure out what was wrong.
 I used the YAG-Talk page but there has been no response there.

Thank you.

Alan Taylor.