[pmwiki-users] syncing pmwiki with local installation (OSX)

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue Nov 19 05:13:12 CST 2013

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Chris Lott <chris at chrislott.org> wrote:

> I'd like to have a two-way
> sync between a local installation of pmwiki on my Macbook and my
> "real" wiki. I'd prefer to sync the whole wiki, not just a group.

I don't use mac, so take this with a grain of salt, but a quick stroll
through google-land seems to indicate that mac supports rsync and cron
natively.

If that's the case then you should be able to set up a cron-job to sync
with your server via FTP or SSH without too much difficulty.  Google for
"rsync mac tutorial" if you need to learn rsync...

-Peter

PS Here's one tutorial: http://www.egg-tech.com/mac_backup/

PPS I use syncback in windows-land for this type of capability.  Their
freeware version allows for this type of operation over FTP.