[pmwiki-users] Google Maps Upgrade

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Nov 30 15:03:51 CST 2013

Daniel writes:

> op 16-11-13 18:57, Petko Yotov schreef:
> > Daniel writes:
> >> I am using Petko's excellent GMap recipe in about 100+ pages on my
> >> website
> >> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/GMap
> >>
> >> Soon Google will stop support the support of the V2 Api.
> >> Is GMap based on the V2 Api,
>
> > P.S. I strongly feel that instead of GoogleMaps my sites should use the
> > free open source and open content OpenStreetMap. Unfortunately I haven't
> > yet found the time to look into writing a recipe with the GMap features
> > for OSMap. See however this recipe:
> >
> >  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/OpenLayersAPI
>
> OpenLayersAPI seems to be a good solution for my second site
> (kropveld.net), although this software is still in alpha state...

I am in the process of migrating my wikis to the EmbedOpenStreetMap recipe.
For now it only works for simple maps with a single marker but the usage is
similar to GMap, just paste the links like normal links, no new markup.

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EmbedOpenStreetMap

> For hetVondelpark.net I will risk for the time to rely on Googles'
> wrapper. Converting to another recipe would mean I have to modify 100+
> pages. And I must use sattelite pictures, not the map. So I have to stay
> with Google.

I am pleased to find that the wrapper appears to work on yours and on the
few other wikis I checked.

Petko