[pmwiki-users] Updated Recipe for OpenStreetMap Integration (Simplified Markup)

StefCT stefct4 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 16:32:18 CST 2013

Hello,

Apparently Petko has uploaded his own (even easier) recipe for
OpenStreetMap integration just today.

Anyway, I'd like to announce an update I have made to the older
OpenLayersAPI recipe (also uploaded today). First, a big thank you to
the recipe's maintainer Pierre-Alain Dorange for adding me as a contributor!

Now OpenStreetMaps can be embedded by copying the link from the URL bar
at http://www.openstreetmap.org and using the following markup:

(:ola-map link=http://www.openstreetmap.org/?#map= . . . :)

Manually extracting lat/long/zoom and marker information from the URL
isn't necessary anymore. Of course, all older markup options are still
available for customization.

Unlike Petko's recipe (in its current version), this recipe allows
multiple markers. On the other hand Petko's recipe is probably easier to
use because it works with normal wiki links (no new markup).

The updated OpenLayersAPI recipe is here:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/OpenLayersAPI
This is Petko's new recipe:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EmbedOpenStreetMap

If anyone has advice or feedback on this recipe, please let me know.

Thanks,

StefCT