[pmwiki-users] Question about searchbox

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Oct 6 01:36:32 CDT 2013

Ian MacGregor writes:
> I've searched pmwiki.org and read several pages but I can't seem to figure
> out how to have a (:searchbox:) without the search button. Is this even
> possible?
>
> I was hoping for something like (:searchbox button=none:)

This is not currenty implemented but there are workarounds.

The easiest is to hide the button with CSS. Add to the file
pmwiki/pub/css/local.css or Group.css, or Group.Page.css something like this:

  .searchbutton {display: none;}

This will hide all buttons of any (:searchbox:) directive, and also the
button of the search form in the default skin, possibly other skins too.

If you only want to hide the button on a particular searchbox, use this
instead:
  .nobtn .searchbutton {display: none;}

then in the wiki page, use
>>nobtn<<
(:searchbox:)
>><<

If you don't want to use CSS, you can always create a search form with the
PmWiki forms markup, see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Forms , or even
redefine the (:searchbox:) markup to use your own functions.

Petko