[pmwiki-users] Permissions corrupt after update to Mavericks

fred cummins fred.cummins at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 10:25:23 CDT 2013

Hi,

I just updated to the new Mac OS X Mavericks.  Then things started to get
funky with pmwiki.

Some pages with lots of content suddenly started showing up blank.  So I
went hunting.

Firstly, I noticed that permissions and ownerships were looking bizarre
within wiki.d.  Most files had my username as owner, but some (randomly
distributed) had _www as owner.  Permissions were also randomly either
rw_rw_r__ or rw_r__r__.

I chowned everything to me, and set all file permissions to 744
(rw_r__r__).  But no luck.

Now I have some files that display fine, and some that don't, and I can't
tell the difference between them.  It is just the content of individual
pages that is unaccountably failing to display. The sidebar etc shows up
fine. If I examine the contents of the files in emacs, I am unable to find
any difference between those that display and those that don't.  The
content is all there, but not displaying, on only some files.

Has anyone else encountered anything like this, or could anyone suggest
where to look next?

Many thanks

Fred

--