[pmwiki-users] Styling table cells

Ian MacGregor ardchoille42 at me.com
Thu Oct 31 17:48:18 CDT 2013

Hi, Tamara.

I haven't been able to find a way to style zebra tables via CSS without resorting to using javascript or CSS3, which many browsers don't yet support. What I'm currently doing is:

(:table border=1 width=50% cellpadding=4:)
(:cellnr bgcolor=#ffffff:)
Cell 1
(:cell bgcolor=#ffffff:)
Cell 2
(:cellnr bgcolor=#f2f6ff:)
Cell 3
(:cell bgcolor=#f2f6ff:)
Cell 4
(:cellnr bgcolor=#ffffff:)
Cell 5
(:cell bgcolor=#ffffff:)
Cell 6
(:cellnr bgcolor=#f2f6ff:)
Cell 7
(:cell bgcolor=#f2f6ff:)
Cell 8
(:tableend:)

This works fine until you have to work with tables that have 50+ cells.
Yes, class=classname does work, but how do you format zebra tables in a CSS file without using CSS3? My research has shown that this isn't possible without javascript or CSS3.

Regards,
Rev. Ian MacGregor
http://www.ianmacgregor.net