[pmwiki-users] Triad Skin - whole page refresh each time a link in left

Mikelis, James James.Mikelis at Staples.com
Wed Sep 11 14:06:05 CDT 2013

Michael ,

Thanks for the info. Funny, I've been using PMwiki for the past few months and just noticed that the whole page rewrites
when moving around so it's not really an issue since it's fast.

However, I was wondering why the cookies weren't sticking when hiding the right column between browser sessions as each time I open a new browser, the right column is shown and I want it to be hidden. Not a big deal, just a preference.

I also added a toggle box to the top page header using: >>id=box4 set='1'  border='0px solid #999' padding=1px <<
but the set=1 doesn't seem to hold the cookie between pages. That's when I realized that maybe it's a symptom of the
redraw behavior.

James Mikelis

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 13:00:48 -0400
From: michael paulukonis <xraysmalevich at gmail.com>
To: "pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com" <pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com>
Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] Triad Skin - whole page refresh each time
	a link in left column is clicked

By default, neither PmWiki nor the Triad Skin serve page components by AJAX, so the entire page is (dynamically built and) loaded when you navigate to another page, or change page-actions (since these are submitted via URL parameters, not AJAX).

While you could wire it up to server portions via AJAX, since any given page can suppress the left-column, and the left-column could have markup to behave differently on different pages, serving main-content via AJAX would be quite different from normal behavior.

Are you seeing a slow flicker on a page-load?

Or is all of this talking about something unrelated to what you're experiencing?
If this was unrelated, can you give more details on what sort of links you are linking on, and what behavior you expect?

-Michael Paulukonis
http://www.xradiograph.com
<http://goog_2112721603>Interference Patterns (a blog)<http://www.xradiograph.com%5Cinterference>
@XraysMonaLisa <https://twitter.com/XraysMonaLisa>
http://michaelpaulukonis.com
<http://www.BestAndroidResources.com>

Sent from somewhere in the Cloud
(hearthrug, by the fender)

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Mikelis, James
<James.Mikelis at staples.com>wrote:

>  I just realized that each time a menu item in the left column of the
> Triad skin is clicked, the whole page refreshes rather than just the
> main body. ****
>
> It is very annoying. is this the way the skin should work? Other than
> that, I like this skin a lot.****
>
> ** **
>
> James****
>
> ** **

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Message: 2
> By default, neither PmWiki nor the Triad Skin serve page components by AJAX, so the entire page is (dynamically built and) loaded when you navigate to another page, or change page-actions (since these are submitted via URL parameters, not AJAX).

which starts wheels turning of building a skin that runs backbone?

no

Message: 3