[pmwiki-users] MarkupExpressionPlus recipe

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 08:18:25 CST 2014

In fact, most of the MarkupExpressionPlus() is borrowed from the
equivalent core code.

The real added value of the function is limited to the code addition
at the beginning of the function which is responsible for triggering
the evaluation of the various {$variable} markup rules before handling
the expressions themselves. This was needed to ensure getting the
current variable value and not the one that have been evaluated by the
core before the rendering of the page.

As I'm quite sure that like you, most of the recipe's users don't use
the -inactive by default- variable manipulation features, I'll
rerelease the recipe soon as a pure PHP 5.5 script without the
offending features, keeping the original version available for
reference/older configs, leaving open for more spare time the porting
of feature in a dedicated script file.

Dominique