[pmwiki-users] EnableDrafts and PmForm

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Dec 9 18:40:57 CST 2014

On 10.12.2014 00:53, Criss Ittermann wrote:
> Something is weird in my installation.
> My PmForm is very long. Since the body of the form is fine (it is
> pulling in the correct data from the -Draft page), I'll truncate it
> The only other thing I can think of is if there were any other files
> that changed other than scripts/drafts.php and scripts/forms.php --
> were there any changes to pmform.php?

No.

> Anything else?

I normally debug an installation by removing all features/recipes/skins
and/or complex parts of the PmForm; if it works, then some of the
recipes/parts may cause the bug. Then I add all recipes one by one and
test every time until I the bug is reproduced. At that moment I know
that the latest feature enabled is likely causing the problem, so I
investigate it.

Does the simpler PmForm which works for me works for you?

Otherwise I test the program flow and processing of the data by printing
some variables in the PHP files so that I see what exactly is happening.

For example, you can use some debugging functions like those:

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/DebuggingForCookbookAuthors

> I did not change
> out my whole installation with what is in svn, only the files that
> were mentioned.

I don't know which version(s) you use, but indeed there may be some
differences. If I was unsure, I would download the pre-release and run a
diff utility to see if there are other modified files.

Petko