[pmwiki-users] PHP 5.5 compatibility

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Feb 21 10:31:31 CST 2014

Hans Bracker writes:
> I am updating some recipes and cookbook pages:
> do you want the category link [[!PHP55]] on all cookbook pages where
> the script is PHP5.5 compatible? There are some recipes which do not
> use markup definitions or preg_replace calls with /e modifier.
> Shall those be marked with the PHP55 category link as well?

There are two different notions - compatibility and requirement.

A recipe "compatibile" with PHP 5.5 will work on PHP 5.5 but probably also
on earlier versions - we simply inform the readers that this recipe works
with this very particular PHP version which introduced a major change. We
add the category [[!PHP55]] to those pages.

A PHP 5.5 "requirement" means that the recipe will not work on earlier PHP
versions. A requirement should be added into the Prerequisites: line in the
header.

My own recipes marked with [[!PHP55]] require neither PHP 5.5 nor PmWiki
2.2.56, but they work on a PHP 5.5/PmWiki 2.2.56 installation.

Petko