[pmwiki-users] valign='top' and HTML5 conformance

Paul Wiegmans p.wiegmans at inter.nl.net
Fri Feb 28 04:24:13 CST 2014

Dear Patrick and others,

First of all, thank you for making PmWiki. I enjoy using PmWiki for a
couple of years now for both personal and professional use. Now I have a
question .

Is it possible that tables omit the "valign" attribute created with
table directives?  I would like to make my PmWiki skin valid HTML5 as
much as possible and to pass the W3C Unicorn validator:
http://validator.w3.org/unicorn/check?ucn_uri=www.sikkepitje.nl&doctype=Inline&charset=(detect%20automatically)&ucn_task=conformance#
<http://validator.w3.org/unicorn/check?ucn_uri=www.sikkepitje.nl&doctype=Inline&charset=%28detect%20automatically%29&ucn_task=conformance#>
However every table cell has an attribute "valign='top'" like so:

How can I apply this through CSS  classes ? Is there a way to do this
like with $TableCellAlignFmt ?

with regards
Paul Wiegmans