[pmwiki-users] markup_e and PSS

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Jan 30 16:54:30 CST 2014

I have tested the Markup_e function in preparation for updating local
customisations to use preg_replace_callback instead of preg_replace with
the /e modifier.

As far as I can tell from testing, when using Markup_e, it is not
necessary to apply the PSS function to matches, because
preg_replace_callback does not escape double quotes. However, the markup
rules defined in scripts/stdmarkup.php all use PSS in calls to Markup_e.

Should I be removing or retaining the PSS calls when changing from
Markup to Markup_e?

Thanks
JR

--