[pmwiki-users] Svn to Git import, Was(Re: Proposed change to pmwiki.php: Markup_e)

V.Krishn vkrishn4 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 16:00:30 CDT 2015

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 10:00:14AM -0500, michael paulukonis wrote:
> > How can one contribute to the code? I'm not finding it quickly on the
> > wiki [...]
> > The SVN page only discusses how to pull  the code, not to offer changes:
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Subversion
>
> For a while I've been toying with the idea of moving PmWiki's
> source to GitHub.  It's not as simple as just converting the
> subversion repository to git, though -- we have a lot of
> packaging and build tools that rely on Subversion, and those
> would also need converting.
>
> Any opinions from the crowd on moving to git/GitHub?

I managed to import a cleaner clone with metatags+branches.
tar-gzipped size is 5.5Mb (19Mb non gc`ed)
using,
git svn clone svn://pmwiki.org/pmwiki -T trunk -b branches -t tags
(it does take a while to do this)

It has branches from remotes/tags/pmwiki-2.0.beta1 upto latest.
I did some random checkouts and checked against
pristine same versioned tgz. Seems ok till now.

Please let me know if its useful,
and possibly added to GitHub or any git repo.

--
Regards.
V.Krishn