[pmwiki-users] Installing on Mac OS 10.10

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Aug 11 17:23:26 CDT 2015

On 2015-08-11 23:16, Frank Martinez wrote:
> Has Anyone successfully installed PMwiki on a Mac running 10.10?

Yes.

> If so, how?

Configure and enable the Apache server with PHP to get the server
working. You can follow this page:

http://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/get-apache-mysql-php-phpmyadmin-working-osx-10-10-yosemite/

Then download the PmWiki distribution, for example the *.tgz archive
from our download page:

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Download

After it downloads, click on it and it will appear in your Downloads
folder. Get the folder pmwiki-2.2.78 (copy or cut) and paste it into the
/Sites folder you created when you followed the guide above.

Launch your browser to localhost/~yourname/ and click on the directory
pmwiki-2.2.78 then on pmwiki.php.

You will see a message about how to configure the permissions. Simply
copy and paste the two lines one after another in the terminal window
which you have opened by following the guide above, and press
Enter/Return. Then click on the link in the message and PmWiki should
work.

> Also, would it be possible to not mark the installation page as
> "basic"?
> The use of the word "basic" essentially tells People, "If You can't
> figure
> this out, You may as well lay down and die," and since the instructions
> are
> clearly not up to date I think it's an unhelpful message to send, even
> if
> unintentionally done.

Sorry, the instructions are indeed for administrators who already have a
web server with PHP operational, and are installing PmWiki via a remote
SSH terminal.

Also, when you start configuring PmWiki, you will see that unfortunately
copying the PmWiki distribution to a folder and pasting 2 lines in a
terminal is one of the most simple tasks.

If you have any difficulties, don't hesitate to ask, here in the mailing
list or in the talk pages on the wiki. If the documentation is not clear
enough, feel free to improve it.

Petko

--
Change log     :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog
Release notes  :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ReleaseNotes

If this message helped you and saved you time, feel free to make