[pmwiki-users] How to avoid a redirect after posting a Fox form

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Tue Jul 14 17:30:46 CDT 2015

After opening a Fox form in an ajax modal page[1], and after
successfully posting the form[2], I would be happy enough to have the
modal window automatically closed and keep on reading/handling the
original page (the one over which the modal window was open).
Instead, it seems that after each posting Fox will always redirect to
some page[3].
I have been using Fox for a while and it really works very well. So, I
definitely trust Fox that all the data are written to the intended
target, and do not need to "see" anything.
But I could not find a way to let it just post and stay "silent" :-)

Is there any instruction that I could not find in the manual, please?

Thanks!

Luigi

--
[1] I use http://kylefox.ca/jquery-modal/examples/index.html example
#4 because it is very basic to handle, but that could easily be
switched to any other script in case of need.
[2] I manually changed the standard (:input submit post Enter:) button
on the Fox form into
(:html:)<input type='submit' name='post' value='Enter'
class='inputbutton' rel="modal:close" />(:htmlend:) by following the
"Closing" instructions on https://github.com/kylefox/jquery-modal
[3] http://softflow.co.uk/design/FoxDocumentation/MarkupParameters