[pmwiki-users] Autosave and HTTP Error 500

Krait, Philippe Philippe.Krait at thalesgroup.com.au
Mon Jun 8 18:51:18 CDT 2015

Hi all,

Long-time user of PmWiki, I've been using Autosave a lot. However, a few months ago (I think) autosave stopped working, but I was too busy to really look into it (not many people using the wiki at the time). Unfortunately, that means that I'm not too sure what change in the system made it stopped working.

Anyway, the symptom is that I get an HTTP Status 500, which apparently prevents autosave from working. But looking into more detail (my debugging skills are not that high on something that involves complicated PHH and Javascript), it seems that autosave is failing because of a "simultaneous editing" problem. I have also noted that, sometimes, when I do a change and try to save it, I also get the "simultaneous editing feedback", with the save failing and the editing window containing both versions. So I think that there is some interference there.

Unfortunately, as mentioned above, I'm not sure what started creating this. New version of PH ? of Apache ? Browser interference ? Any idea?

thanks in advance,

Philippe

This message contains OPEN information that is not sensitive and can be freely accessed by people both inside and outside of the Thales Group

This email was classified by Krait, Philippe on Tuesday, 9 June 2015 9:51:18 AM

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail transmission and any documents, files and
previous e-mail messages attached to it are private and confidential.
They may contain proprietary or copyright material or information that
is subject to legal professional privilege.  They are for the use of
the intended recipient only.  Any unauthorised viewing, use, disclosure,
copying, alteration, storage or distribution of, or reliance on, this
message is strictly prohibited.  No part may be reproduced, adapted or
transmitted without the written permission of the owner.  If you have
received this transmission in error, or are not an authorised recipient,
please immediately notify the sender by return email, delete this
message and all copies from your e-mail system, and destroy any printed
copies.  Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient should not
be deemed a waiver of any privilege or protection.  Thales Australia
does not warrant or represent that this e-mail or any documents, files
and previous e-mail messages attached are error or virus free.