[pmwiki-users] Any issues with PHP 5.6?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Jun 10 13:20:24 CDT 2015

Yes, there are two major changes which affect PmWiki.

1. Since PHP 5.5, the preg_replace() function should no longer be used
with an "/e" evaluation modifier. PmWiki relied heavily on this feature
to perform Markup evaluations. You should upgrade to at least PmWiki
2.2.58 where the core supports but no longer requires this feature. You
should also probably upgrade all your recipes and skins to their latest
versions. Unfortunately some of these are not yet updated by their
maintainers. See the page Troubleshooting and CustomMarkup if you need
to fix them yourself:

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Troubleshooting
   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CustomMarkup

2. Since PHP 5.6, the PHP crypt() function should no longer be used
without a second "salt" parameter. PmWiki relied heavily on this
function to create and check password hashes. You should upgrade to at
least PmWiki 2.2.75 where I added a pmcrypt() function as a safe
replacement for crypt() and the core will work. You should also check
any recipes or local customization and replace any call to "crypt()"
with "pmcrypt()".

Please read also the pages Upgrades and ReleaseNotes before upgrading:

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Upgrades
   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ReleaseNotes

If you have any difficulties, tell us.

Petko