[pmwiki-users] question about include

Randy Brown randy at brownragfilms.com
Wed Jun 24 13:49:52 CDT 2015

I use a pagelist template that (:include:)s the page using another custom template that is selected based on the page group. This lets me format pages based on what each page contains. The method gives me control over page presentation not afforded by fmt=#include, while also letting me mix pages of different types.

However, when I pagelist one trail this way, (:template last:) shows the {$$PageCount} *before* the last page is included instead of after. When I'm processing other trails, the page count appears where it should, at the end. I haven’t tried yet to isolate the problem, so maybe it’s just me.

Has anyone else ever experienced a premature execution of (:template last:), or have any ideas about what could cause it?

Randy