[pmwiki-users] mobile

V.Krishn vkrishn4 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 06:19:35 CDT 2015

> Hello Peter,
>
> Friday, March 20, 2015, 9:42:49 AM, you wrote:
> > I've tried the default skin and triad and neither solves the issues.
>
> Triad skin was never developed with mobile devices in mind.
> It was designed to provide a basic three columns layout:
> Left sidebar, centre content, right sidebar.
> How would one translate that into a useful layout for mobile devices?
> I welcome any ideas on this.

Any norm on them yet ? But what I generally expect on mobile is:
Left columns:
  1. hide and with click overlay to appear on centre-content
   OR
  2. move/minimized above centre-content, with click to expand.

Right columns:
   Move down/below centre-content

This can get messed if you have mixed/swapped content on
either left/right columns

> Apart from how to adapt columns for a mobile device, there is the
> problem of image sizing. A desktop or laptop device can show larger
> images than a hand-held device, so images need to be resized (via css)
> for mobile devices, adapted to the screen size. How would a wiki
> editor cope with proportional image sizes?

define boxes around images
img { width: 100% }

all changes could be wrapped with carefully thought @media, eg,
@media all and (max-width:40.000em) { ... }

On really complicated cms device/browser type sniffing, I guess ;-)

--
Regards.
V.Krishn