[pmwiki-users] Does ptvclear work with foxcheck ?

Hans Bracker design at softflow.co.uk
Fri Nov 13 14:45:36 CST 2015

Hello Benjamin,

> When I'm using foxcheck, I can't save an empty field. Even if I put ptvclear=1.
> Example :

> (:fox test:)
> (:foxptv ptvclear=1 target={*$FullName}:)
> (:foxcheck name=ptv_test regex='.*' msg="%red%doesn't work !":)
> (:input text $:test:)
> (:input submit post:)
> (:foxend test:)

> The result is : "doesn't work" if I try to save with an empty
> field, and I can't clear the page text variable.

> Is there a regular expression wich allows this ? Or, an other solution ?

the regular expression says: the input field 'ptv_test' needs to have
at least one character as input for  a succesful post to the PTV
'test'. So putting in nothing will trigger the foxcheck response:
giving you the erro message and prohibiting the posting.
Even entering a space will not trigger the input error.

So if you want to allow empty input, to clear the PTV, then why the
foxcheck, or why that regex which wants at least one character?
Maybe i do not understand what you are trying to achieve with this
foxcheck.

Best regards,
 Hans
mailto:design at softflow.co.uk