[pmwiki-users] Category.Categories ?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Nov 23 13:01:31 CST 2015

---
Change log     :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog
Release notes  :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ReleaseNotes
If you upgrade :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Upgrades

On 2015-11-22 18:55, Donald Z. Osborn wrote:
> Experimenting with categories, and seems to be going well, but wanted
> set the default page as Category.Categories rather than
> Category.Category
> or Category.HomePage. Did a group config file Category.php including
> the
> following lines but the site still wants to call Catagory.Category. Not
> the
> first group config I've done so thought it would be simple. Snippets
> below:
>
> <?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
> include_once('scripts/feeds.php');
> if (preg_match('!^Category[./]!', $pagename))
>  $DefaultName = 'Categories';

This should cause someone opening

   pmwiki.php?n=Category

to be sent to

   pmwiki.php?n=Category.Categories

Also, if in a page from the Category/ group you link to [[OtherGroup/]]
and there is a page [[OtherGroup.Categories]], it may link to it, and
this may not be what you want.

> ##  $WikiTitle is the name that appears in the browser's title bar.
> $WikiTitle = 'PanAfriL10n wiki categories';
> $Group = 'Category';
> $Name = 'Categories';
> $LogoTagline = 'Category';

Is this in the file pmwiki/local/Category.php ? When you use this code,
any opened page will be replaced with [[Category.Categories]]. If this
is in Category.php you cannot open any category page; if in config.php
you cannot open any page other than Category.Categories.

Setting $DefaultName (and $PagePathFmt) controls which page is shown
when there is only a group name provided in the URL, AND in a page,
which page is linked to when there is only a group name provided. If you
set these variables in a per-group customization, you *will* have
problems when cross-group linking providing only a group name like
[[Category/]] or [[OtherGroup/]].

PmWiki allows you to change the title of a page, for example in the page
[[Category.Category]] place the markup (:title Categories:) and people
will see that title. If this is not enough, you can use a (:redirect
Categories quiet=1:) to automatically send any visitors to the other
page.

It also allows you to link to a precise page like
[[Category/Categories]] instead of [[Category/]] if that is what you
prefer.

Petko