[pmwiki-users] Random page generator?

StefCT stefct4 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 19:16:57 CDT 2015

Hi Don,

On 10/26/2015 12:26 AM, Donald Z. Osborn wrote:
> Thank you. This works great - at least the first time. Adding it to sidebar
> (my aim) seems complicated.
>

> I tried it in the sidebar to see, and the command looks perfect in preview,
> and fine when saved (remember that in saving the sidebar you see SideBar as
> a page as well as in the sidebar itself). Click on it, and it generates a
> random page, but then disappears. ... Reload the page (the one just
> generated randomly) and the Show random page is still not there ... go to
> another page (via wikilink) and still not there (since one hasn't reloaded
> the sidebar).

If you are using the code in the SideBar, you probably need to change
the first line to:

(:pagelist group=PmWiki order=random count=1 fmt=Site.SideBar#randomPage
list=normal:)

Otherwise PmWiki will be unable to find the page list template named
"randomPage".

Does this solution work? In my wiki, it works fine.

Stef