[pmwiki-users] How to backup a pmwiki

William Langford unfies at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 11:31:52 CDT 2015

I rsync the entire pmwiki directory to another server every few hours.

My local/config.php has several

if ($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == 'foobar')

Things in it for changing things such as

$WikiTitle so you know it's backup
$ScriptUrl because you're at a diff http:// now
$PubDirURL see above
$DefaultColor skin change so it's obvious you're viewing a backup

I also have it set $DefaultPasswords['edit'] to something weird instead
of AuthUser based id's etc so folks don't try to edit the backup that is
just gonna get obliterated constantly anyway.

Depending on cookbooks and other things installed - php version
differences and installed modules could bite you in the ass, be careful.

-Will