[pmwiki-users] thumblist, jpg.jpg.lock

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Apr 27 17:04:50 CDT 2016

On 2016-04-27 23:51, ABClf wrote:
> How does Thumblist know how many thumbnails have been created and
> which ones to delete (I store files per page) ?

It deletes the 30% oldest ones (checks the date of last modification),
see:

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ThumbList#autopurge

>> Now, I haven't used or reviewed FastCache, but it must not cache a
>> page when
>> the thumbnail is not yet created. Thumblist issues a NoCache() call to
>> notify about this: I hope FastCache respects it.
>
> As for this paragraph, I dont know ; I suspect fastcache saves
> uncached page as soon as a visitor browse that page, but I dont know
> if it does take care of any delaying request.
> As a remark, if I'm not mistaken, I guess I have at least one cached
> page saved with createthumbnail action :
> http://www.languefrancaise.net/Bob/58707
> which has a thumbnail coming from :
> http://www.languefrancaise.net/Bob/58707?action=createthumb&imcl=&upname=th200---ffffff--58707.jpg.jpg
> (and 58707 folder has :
> ./Bob/5/58707/th200---ffffff--58707.jpg.jpg

Right, it appears that the page HTML was cached before the thumbnail was
created.

>> P.S. This should be rare: If a thumbnail lock exists, but not the
>> thumbnail,
>> this may mean that the person who edited the page, after saving it,
>> moved
>> There may be other reasons I haven't thought of, but probably less
>> common.
>
> Are robots (Google and others) text browsers ?

Excellent !!!!  I didn't think about bots but indeed most bots are text
browsers, and some will ignore embedded pictures (or will come to get
them at a later point).

> Every time I edit page, it's name is reported in Home page and I'm
> quite sure the newly edited pages are often quickly visited (it
> happens the edited pages are cached before I have finished writing a
> quote in another, which shoud be agregated by pagelist.)

If PageA has a pagelist that extracts content from PageB, when you
modify PageB, is PageA automatically updated (do you see in PageA what
you expect to see, with the new content from PageB)? If yes, caching is
probably done correctly.

Petko