[pmwiki-users] CSS for a cookbook recipe?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Jul 16 02:51:31 CDT 2016

On 2016-07-16 06:24, Peter Kay wrote:
> Is there any difference between:
> SDVA($HTMLHeaderFmt, array('myrecipe'=>'abcdefg'));
> and
> SDV($HTMLHeaderFmt['myrecipe'], 'abcdefg');
> ?

The result will be the same. If you have more than one entry, the first
one can add them at the same time:

   SDVA($HTMLHeaderFmt, array(
    'myrecipe-css'=>'abc',
    'myrecipe-js' =>'xyz'
   ));

> 2nd question is regarding the whole farm pub vs pub thing.  Is there
> any reason FarmPubDirUrl is preferred over PubDirUrl?  Is there some
> reason to prefer all cookbook recipes/skins/etc to be in the farm's
> cookbook folder instead of the local one?

The farm's directory is where pmwiki.php is located.

If you have a single wiki, the two directories are probably the same.

If you have a real farm with 2+ wikis, place in the farm's "pub" and
"cookbook" directories the skins and recipes that can be enabled and
reused on different wikis. One copy is easier to maintain and upgrade
than many copies, in one directory not in many. For this reason, most
recipes document how to be included from $FarmD/cookbook.

If you have a wikifarm and different wikis need to have modified
recipes/skins but with the same filenames (not sure why you would
require this), place them in the field's pub directory.

If the farm and the field are not on the same domain name, some skin
elements and JavaScript recipes may work better from the field's pub
directory. (I actually symlink the farm's pub directory into the field
and manually set the $FarmPubDirUrl variable to the correct location, so
that I don't need to copy them.)

Petko

---
Change log     :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog