[pmwiki-users] Passwords

Lee Gold leegold at operamail.com
Sat Jun 25 16:39:23 CDT 2016

Hi,

I'm not understanding how passwords work. I did install cmsmode. I am
using WAMP to test pmwiki. so i'm accessing it with localhost/pmwiki.

I went to the home page and saw that the sidebar is editable by default.
I edit ../local/config.php I did:

$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = pmcrypt('somepassword1234);
$DefaultPasswords['edit']  = pmcrypt('editpw1234');

now when I go to edit the sidebar it asks for a password which is masked
but automatically provided, and still lets me edit the sidebar without a
challenge because the pw is correct. How do i password protect the
sidebar? why is the correct pw being provided yet masked?

Also it seems to use cookies. And I can leave the page and comeback and
still edit the sidebar. Is there a way to have it that I leave the page
that edit cookie for the sidebar gets destroyed?

Personally I'm having a lot of trouble with CMS systems they seem to add
complexity, I'm trying for simplicity...Thanks

--
http://www.fastmail.com - IMAP accessible web-mail