[pmwiki-users] Captions from IPTC in Mini

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Apr 2 12:41:36 CDT 2017

On 2017-04-02 14:01, Oliver Betz wrote:
> when / under which circumstances does/should the IPTC recipe
> https://tl.5ko.fr/M/IPTC display captions?
>
> I don't remember exactly whether it behaved differently last year but
> I think it displayed captions. In the mean, I updated PmWiki and
> recipes and switched to a newer PHP version.

The recipe should display IPTC captions if there are such captions in
the pictures, and if the PHP installation has the iptcparse() function
enabled.

You can try on your wiki one of the pictures from the demo page, they
have such captions (except the third one). If the caption appears then
your PHP supports the feature.

To test if your pictures have IPTC tags, you can upload them to the demo
page and see if the caption appears.

Note that there are many IPTC tags, this one should be the "Caption" tag
-- other tags are ignored.

Also note that this is not the same as EXIF tags, a different way to
annotate pictures and to read the data in PHP. One would use the EXIF
"Comment" tag to set some caption or comment, but the current recipe
only shows IPTC caption tags.

Petko

---
Change log     :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog