[pmwiki-users] AsSpaced function with dashed words instead of wiki words

Carlos AB cabsec.pmwiki at gmail.com
Tue May 16 10:13:55 CDT 2017

Hi list,

I would like to know what is the behaviour of AsSpaced for dashed
words eg. "my-page-name" instead of WikiWords, when creating the
$FmtPV variables $Titlespaced, $Grouspaced and $Namespaced.

Would it be difficult to make dashed-words work like WikiWords for
those variables?

I see that wiki words are treated differently by google, google
understands WikiWords as just one word for exact match queries, and
you end up creating a new word for google, and a new "niche" for
related keywords. That behaviour was different back in 2006,  AFAIK,
because no word used in the query would match to any page in Google
index, now it matches some words and parts of a WikiWord.

It is nice to have a new type of keyword, creating new related
keywords to it, but if you are building for adsense as well, it
removes some of the fun and the payments as well.

So, my question is: How can I start to change the behaviour of
AsSpaced (or in my case AsSpacedUTF8) and if it will break pmwiki
somewhere?

--
Codex - Artigos Educacionais
http://codex.wiki.br/