[pmwiki-users] Problem using AuthUser [resend, truncated message]

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Aug 10 13:30:21 PDT 2018

[Resending to the list as it bounced back.]

> $DefaultPasswords['read'] = array('@read', crypt('pw3'), crypt('pw4'));

You need to add read permissions to the @edit group too:

    $DefaultPasswords['read'] = array('@read', '@edit', crypt('pw3'),
crypt('pw4'));

It may not be intuitive but PmWiki allows that a user be able to edit
without being able to read the edited page, for example in form
processing addons.

If this does not fix the problem, i.e. even users with @read permissions
cannot login, we can discuss this further.

And a note: the documentation source uses the markup "->" for
indentation, but you need to write the actual directives without any
markup, for example, not:

   --> user1: $2y$...      (wrong)
   --> @read: user1, user2 (wrong)

You need to write those either at start of line or after only spaces:

   user1: $2y$...
   @read: user1, user2

Petko