[pmwiki-users] Keeping result of markup expression only

Robert Riebisch rr at bttr-software.de
Tue Jan 23 16:03:18 CST 2018

Hi,

I have pages with names like, e.g., "FlagsOfOurFathers-2006".
Content of this page starts with:
(:title Flags of Our Fathers ({$:ReleaseYear}):) (:ReleaseYear:{(substr
{$BaseName} -4)}:)

It displays fine: Flags of Our Fathers (2006)
But I use pagelist on another page to filter for pages with ReleaseYear
= 2006. This doesn't work anymore, because ReleaseYear has the value of
the markup expression (...substr...), but not just "2006".

Is there a way with the default OOTB PmWiki installation to just keep
the result of the markup expression only?

I found an additional recipe
<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExprPlus>, but I wish to keep
my PmWiki installation lean for easier maintenance.

Cheers,
Robert Riebisch
--
              +++ BTTR Software +++