[pmwiki-users] PHP 5.3

David Bruce Murray dbmurray at musicscribe.com
Fri Apr 26 13:17:51 PDT 2019

I received this from my web host today.

"We are reaching out to inform you that as of June 3, 2019, Media Temple
will no longer support PHP 5.3. Any domains using PHP 5.3 in your GRID
hosting will automatically be changed to PHP 5.6 on that date. You are
strongly encouraged to update any existing PHP code to ensure it is at
least compliant with PHP 5.6."

When I changed over to PHP to 5.6, it broke my site. I get strings of
error messages like those posted below. I am not a PHP programmer, and
have no idea how to fix any of this. My site is huge:

www.sghistory.com

For the moment, I can set it back to PHP 5.3, but it looks like I have a
little more than one month to find a solution. Any suggestions are
appreciated. I have tried updating to the latest version of pmwiki in
the past, but that broke something else.

*Deprecated*: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use
preg_replace_callback instead
in*/nfs/c10/h10/mnt/141983/domains/sghistory.com/html/local/spacewikiwords.php*on
line*98

**Deprecated*: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use
preg_replace_callback instead
in*/nfs/c10/h10/mnt/141983/domains/sghistory.com/html/pmwiki.php*on
line*608*

*
*