[pmwiki-users] pmwiki.php in 2.2.116 still uses create_function

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Jul 8 11:28:45 PDT 2019

PmWiki itself doesn't use create_function(), but (older) addons can
register instructions to be processed at a later point via that
function. That's why the warning reports a line in pmwiki.php, even if
it was requested by a local configuration or an addon/skin, see:

   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Troubleshooting

That PHP function is now deprecated (not removed), but is perfectly
valid for earlier PHP versions (or if you disable "deprecated notices").
We chose to keep conditional calls in the most recent versions of
PmWiki, in case an addon requests those, which could work perfectly well
on older PHP versions with older addons and skins.

If the community decides it is better to outright disable older addons,
even if they work fine on older PHP installations, I can do this. But
for several years the opposite philosophy has been prevalent.

If you must use the Dropshadow skin on PHP 7.2+, you can see how I
updated for PHP 7.2 the skins Choice and Enlighten (also by DaveG), they
have a very similar structure in skin.php.

Petko

--
If you upgrade :  http://www.pmwiki.org/Upgrades