[pmwiki-users] Syntax highlighting recipes

Johan Bengtsson elijah at chalmers.se
Mon Jul 15 01:53:20 PDT 2019

My employer uses several pmwikis, we are currently using pmwiki-2.2.97 and php 5.5.18.

On one of the biggest wikis we are using the  SourceBlock recipe (https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SourceBlock).  But it has the preg_replace problem. I don't know if it's possible to fix that and make it php 7.2 compliant?  It is dependant on geshi which is abandoned??

I have looked at a number of other recipes but most of them seems to have problems one way or the other...

 https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Beautifier	 # old, preg_replace prob...

https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PmPygment 	# can't make it work on our wiki...

https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Precode  #	no php 7.2?, don't like the syntax,  but seems to work.

https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SourceBlock  #  what we use now, preg_replace prob, geshi probs??

https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Syntaxlove	# buggy...at least for us...

https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ZCode  # only for external files but not for code in the wiki???

The ideal solution would perhaps be something with a similar syntax to SourceBlock but using highlight.js...?

-Johan Bengtsson