[pmwiki-users] Show and Hide Sidebar Items to AuthUser Group

Jamie Ward info at theskybluegroup.co.uk
Wed Dec 30 10:00:08 PST 2020

Hi Guys,

Very new to all of this. So I want to build my Wiki, and keep all the help and Basics stuff in the sidebar such as Initial Setup Tasks.

But I don’t want my contributing authors to see any of that. I just want them to see the pages that they are working on.

Is there a way to hide sidebar sections from user types?

So only @admin could see the PMWiki and pmwiki.org sections.

@authors could see the sections we are working on, say Chapter 1, Chapter 2, and the subsections.

And non-logged-in users would only see pages that are designated complete. So I guess there would be an @public user group or something and as pages were completed, we’d grant access to them.

Its not high-security so I don’t think we need to prevent people from accessing pages via direct link. Just to only show in the sidebar, the things I want the groups to see?

Thanks in advance,

Jamie