[pmwiki-users] PmSyntax

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Nov 3 14:36:44 PDT 2022

Enabling PmSyntax (re)defines the font size and family of the textarea
and the highlighted block under it, to monospace 14 reference pixels.

It is absolutely essential to have the exact same font and spacing
metrics for these 2 elements, otherwise the text will become misaligned.

You can increase the font size by setting a CSS variable in your
local.css or skin.css file:

   #wikiedit #hwrap textarea#text, #wikiedit #htext {
     --pmsyntax-fontsize: 125%;
   }

All CSS properties (font family, colours, sizes and spacing) for
PmSyntax are variables that can be overridden by local.css or in fact a
skin CSS file. See the full list in a toggled collapsed section here:

   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PmSyntax#colors

On the same page, in another collapsed section, are the design notes for
the implementation. They may be interesting and help understand the
reasons, its advantages and drawbacks.

On my computers and devices, with the default "pmwiki-responsive" skin,
the highlighted text looks too big, which is especially annoying with
inline examples in the documentation. So on pmwiki.org I've configured
it to 90%, and now it looks about the same size as the surrounding text.

Petko

--
If you upgrade :  https://www.pmwiki.org/Upgrades