[pmwiki-users] Syntax highlighting in the core documentation?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Nov 6 02:43:06 PST 2022

On 06/11/2022 11:29, V.Krishn wrote:
>> 1. If the syntax highlighting is more important, we can strip all HTML
>> in the blocks before highlighting them, just to keep the warnings from
>> appearing: the Highlight library will strip it anyway, while
>> complaining.
>>
>> 2. We can omit PHP blocks containing HTML, especially links to core
>> variables, from being highlighted. However, this might surprise some
>> editors with their own code.We can configure a "title" attribute for
>> the block that explains the reason?
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> Can a /Test page be setup ?

PmSyntax was enabled in January on all pages of pmwiki.org, including in
the Test group. So yes, a Test page can be set. :-)

This thread from June you reply to, about linked core variables in PHP
code blocks: I already fixed this -- if there are such links, they are
detected before the highlighting, and restored after -- best of both
worlds.

Petko